Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last few items and first ingredients ordered.

Unfortunately the last few days have seen me having to get some "proper work" done and so my brewing project has been on hold. However I have ordered the remaining kit required, stuff that I can't make myself eg the fermenting bins, thermometer, hydrometer etc

I have also ordered a selection of malted grains (ready crushed), adjuncts and hops:

Pale Malt
Amber Malt
Crystal Malt

Torrefied Wheat - useful in aiding the head formation and retention.

East Kent Goldings Hops
Northern Brewer
Fuggles
Cascade

I am waiting for confirmation of the overseas shipping charge but unless it's way different to what I was quoted by the supplier (I'll hold off naming names until I've been impressed by the service) it should be ok. My initial contact with the supplier has been very positive, helpful and polite.

In the meantime I am going to look at making a wort chiller although I am a bit wary about pumping gallons of cold tap water to waste - some of the heated water (cold to begin with but exchanging heat with the hot wort) can be used for washing equipment etc but... well, it seems to me that in this time of water management I may have to come up with an alternative solution.

Watch this space.

Next post should hopefully be my first brew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment