Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hop strainer and mash tun filter changes...

With regard to the filter systems I built into first my mash tun and then my dual purpose boiler/copper I have had some great feedback from a couple of fellow brewers on Jim's Beer Kit forum.

Whereas I had drilled holes all the way around the piping, I would have been better just to drill the lower sides and bottom of the pipework.

The slotted filter in the mash tun isn't such a problem as all I need to do with that is simply turn the pipework over - another reason I chose not to permanently fix all the parts together just yet.

This isn't so much a case of the filtration not working but the dead space or rather the amount of liquid that would be left behind after draining and in effect, wasted. Less dead space = more beer at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment