Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm still here and still brewing.

It's been an age since I posted anything on here and so this is just to say I am still around and still brewing.

I've done several all grain brews since my last post and enjoyed a lovely range of different beers over the Christmas period.

My Christmas Brew was superb and got better and better before it sadly ran out on 7th January.

Another success which I yet have to post was the re-brew of my first ever all grain brew, Brewer's Pride. I'll be putting that brew day on here soon. I think this beer is quite possibly my favourite as far as balance between aroma and flavours go, it's delicious and smells great.

There has been what I think is a disaster, my Everards Tiger. After a ridiculously slow fermentation the damn stuff still hasn't cleared in the bottles and has a strange smell to it.

Still to post the brewday on here and another superb beer was Wadsworths JCB taken from Graham Wheeler's Brew Your Own British Real Ale, very nice indeed as was my Old Peculier from the same book. Although it was nothing like how I remember Old Peculier (and not dark enough) it was delightful in its own right.

A pint of my all grain Old Peculier
So, I really must get my ass back in gear and get updated on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment